Monday, 25 March 2013

aahhh-CHEW!!! Can Cook??? ... Yes He Can!!! ...

Hello again ...
Now ... what would you say if I tell you aahhh-CHEW!!! can cook ...
And my collegues Joaan, June and Li Ching would say ... "I don't believe" ...
But, but ... I tell you...  aahhh-CHEW!!! can really cook ...
And my church kaki Aunty Esther and Aunty Jane would say the same thing ... "I don't believe" ...
Mmmppphhh ... ye of little faith ...

So as the saying goes ..."the proof of the pudding is in the eating"  ... and I made more than a pudding ... aahhh-CHEW!!! made a big cheese soufflé ... Julia Child's style ...

And if that is not enough ... aahhh-CHEW!!! threw in some chocolate soufflés as well ...

So one fine Saturday afternoon ... many moons ago ... aahhh-CHEW!!! gathered the boys from the church and Aunty Jane into the Mui's household ... and showed them how to make some real good soufflés ... but Aunty Esther failed me big time ... she opted out for some girly parties with her girlfriends ...mmmppphhh ... I shall remember your deeds, Aunty Esther Mui ...

So this is my dedication to the late Julia Child ...

... me baby with the collar on ... the collar allows the soufflé  to rise as high as possible ...
...  one big giant cheese soufflé ...
...  aahhh-CHEW!!! and his baby ... of which he shall devour savagely very soon ... muahahahaha
 ... I made that!!! ... and I have witnesses ... ahahahaha ...
... more buns in the oven??? ... nay ... chocolate soufflés in the making ...
... me chocolate soufflés ... eight small ones and one big one at the back ... YUMMY!!! ...
  ... second round ... PERFETTO!!! ...  sì??? ...
 ... quick!!! ... let's makan!!! ... as Julia and Jacques said in the cooking show ... "you wait for the soufflé, the soufflé doesn't wait for you ... when it's ready, you have to sit down and eat it!!!" ... AGREE!!! ... ahahahaha ...
... picture perfect ... good enough for a cookbook??? ... hint, hint, hint??? ... any taker??? ... ahahahaha ...

So ... can aahhh-CHEW!!! cook or what??? ... can or not??? ... ahahahahaha ...

Now ... watch how the experts do it ... Julia Child and Jacques Pepin in "Cooking at Home" ... 

See you soon ...


No comments: